Prof. Akshay Kelkar- Journey back to Home!


I would like this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Akshay Kelkar and I have joined
the Department of Geology as assistant professor. I’m an alumnus of this college and belong to
the batch of 2014-15. I got my bachelor of science degree from this institute with Geology as my
major subject. Further, I went to Goa University to pursue my Master’s degree in Applied
Geology, which I completed in the April of 2017.

I have always been fond of geology, when college finally received autonomy status, I always
envied the students who will be joining under autonomy as they could opt for their favourite
subject for all the three years to come. But fate had something else stored up for me, while
dreaming to be a student under autonomy structure and also trying to be a teacher for my
classmates during last moments of exams, who knew coin will flip and reality will bring me back
to the very same places as a teacher of an autonomous institute.

To tell about myself, I love to travel, especially when it involves a hint of adventure. No matter
where I go, I don’t rest until I explore very corner of that place. Well, I like martial arts (Karate)
and love to swim, both of which try to keep me at optimum level. Curiosity is what keeps me
going!

For what I’m today this institute and its workforce of excellent teachers had and still have a major
role to play, shaping me for those three years for a better tomorrow. Although a rookie in the field
of teaching, I will try my best to repay the debt I own to this institute by serving the needs of the
students to bring them up to their best of capabilities in the field geology so also whenever
required in other aspects of life as their friend.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WORKSHOP ON GIS

Visit ONGC Ipshem at Betul, Goa on 24th July 2019

Induction of the committee of Club Nebulites by the Geology Department