Achiever speaks: Ms Satyam Sadekar

Ms Satyam Sadekar, B.Sc Geology Topper at Goa University


First time when I came to the department and saw the list of the geology toppers I visualised my
name appearing in the list for 2016-17 batch. I had been constantly trying to reach my goal
which I set on that day and by the grace of God I could do it. And obviously I am very happy
about it!

From day one I planned each day such that enough time was given for study .I managed my studies with all other activities .As I loved this subject which is very interesting I always paid attention in class. The most important part is that I have always been very attentive in the lectures and made sure
that I didn't miss a single lecture.

As of now I'm only concentrating on my master's and I would like to get a doctorate in this
subject . My goal is to achieve the maximum knowledge in this subject.

Chowgules has been a blessing to me not only in the field of geology but also for my overall
development. This college has given me a chance to sharpen my skills in my field of choice.
There have been, many opportunities to learn more, honours programme was the best part of it .
Some interesting courses were part of the honours programme like Gem Testing, Mapping and
Surveying ,Groundwater Hydrology ,Marine Geology , Banking and Finance. The faculty in the
department are very motivating, helpful and they were the best mentors one could ever get and I
consider myself very fortunate in this aspect .The Writing Centre at college has taught me many
writing tips and rules that I was unaware even existed, and would still be unaware if had it not
been a part of my experience because of this, I realised that I still had a lot to learn despite what I
knew. All these aspects of college have also made me better as a person and enriched my
personality for which I will always be thankful to this college.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WORKSHOP ON GIS

Visit ONGC Ipshem at Betul, Goa on 24th July 2019

Induction of the committee of Club Nebulites by the Geology Department